Simple jQuery Dropdowns
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repository.li.mahidol.ac.th/dspace/handle/123456789/32245
Title: Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation For Children With Acquired Severe Aplastic Anaemia: A Retrospective Study By The Viva-Asia Blood And Marrow Transplantation Group
Authors: Jing Chen
Vincent Lee
Cheng Juan Luo
Alan Kwok Shing Chiang
Suradej Hongeng
Poh Lin Tan
Ah Moy Tan
Kleebsabai Sanpakit
Chun Fu Li
Anselm Chi wai Lee
Hsin Chieh Chua
Yasuhiro Okamoto
Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine
Prince of Wales Hospital Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
Mahidol University
National University Health System
KK Women's And Children's Hospital
Southern Medical University
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Kagoshima University Medical And Dental Hospital
Keywords: Medicine
Issue Date: 1-Aug-2013
Citation: British Journal of Haematology. Vol.162, No.3 (2013), 383-391
Abstract: We retrospectively analysed the outcomes of 127 children with acquired severe aplastic anaemia (SAA) who had received haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) between 2000 and 2011 in one of the 10 Asia Pacific institutions. Fifty-three were matched sibling donor (MSD) and 74 were alternative donor (AD), including 22 matched unrelated donor, 32 mismatched unrelated donor and 20 mismatched related donor. With a median follow up 45·5 months (13-139) and when compared to the MSD group, AD recipients had more grade II-IV acute graft-versus-host disease (aGVHD; 14·3% vs. 32·8%, P = 0·029), but similar grade III-IV aGVHD (10·2% vs. 12·5%, P = 0·774), graft failure (GF) (15·1% vs. 15·5%, P = 0·658) and 5-year overall survival (90·6% vs. 83·7%, P = 0·251). As a source of stem cell, peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC) resulted in less GF (18% vs. 9·1% P = 0·013), similar grade II-IV aGVHD (28·1% vs. 17·4%, P = 0·258), chronic GVHD (25·8% vs. 29·3%, P = 0·822) and similar outcomes (89·7% vs. 82·4%, P =0 ·665) when compared to bone marrow (BM). In univariate analysis, GF (P < 0·001) and grade II-IV aGVHD (P = 0·009) were predictors of poor survival. In multivariate analysis, only GF was associated with poor survival (P = 0·012). The outcome of AD and PBSC HSCT were comparable to that of MSD and BM HSCT in the Asia Pacific region. © 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
URI: https://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?partnerID=HzOxMe3b&scp=84880316491&origin=inward
http://repository.li.mahidol.ac.th/dspace/handle/123456789/32245
ISSN: 13652141
00071048
Appears in Collections:Scopus 2011-2015

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.